LR10 - Introduction to Library Research & Information Competency
LR10 is a 1 unit, for credit (graded) course. You are required to take this course with your English 001 course. If you drop LR10 you will be dropped from English 001. Your final grade in LR10 will appear in your transcripts. This grade is separate from your English 001 grade.
Basic Contact with your LR10 Instructor
Most communication in LR10 will be in class via online postings at SolanOnline, or via your MySolano email account. Make sure you check your MySolano email regularly.
It is very important that you come to speak to a librarian, for any class you are in, with any research question you might have!
Example situations that require your LR10 instructor (email them!):
- You have a question about a grade
- You have a question about a missed assignment
Example situations that ANY LR10 instructor can help with:
- You have a question about how to use the DropBox
- You have a questions about posting a comment in the classroom
Example situations that do not require an LR10 instructor, but can be answered by any SCC Librarian:
- You can't find a book for your assignment
- You are having trouble using ProQuest
- You forgot your MySolano username/password to log in to the classroom
Workshop topics will vary depending on the current LR10 unit. All workshops will be held in Room 103, the Library computer classroom. Check your online classroom for a link to the Workshop Calendar. Though really helpful, face‐to‐face workshops are not required.
Don't have a computer?
No problem. The library has 60 PCs you can use to complete your course work during open hours.
There are several other computer labs available on every SCC campus.